Jun 19 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Presenter: Larry Dunbar, MS, CAADC, CADP, MISA2
Topic: The Role of Substance Use in Media
1. Provide an awareness of substance use in media.
2. Provide examples of wide range and types of substance use.
3. Provide examples of the many messages sent by media
Mr. Dunbar has worked in the field of substance abuse treatment, prevention and mental health for more than 20 years. He earned a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and a Masters Degree in Health Service Administration, both from the University of St. Francis in Joliet, Illinois where he currently works as an Instructor and Program Coordinator of Addiction Studies. In addition, he also earned a Certificate in Addictions Counseling from Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove, Illinois where he currently teaches as an adjunct instructor in their Addiction Counseling program.
Search our site
- Fentanyl Use Linked to Amnesia
- Opioid Epidemic Burdening Grandparents
- Medicaid Contributing to Opioid Crisis
- Opiates Responsible for Decreased Life Expectancy
- Inmates Get Funding to Re-enter Society Sober
- C.D.C. Reports Jump in Drug Overdose Deaths
- Stigma Keeps People Silenced
- CVS Sets Limits on Opioid Prescriptions
- Released Inmates Given Naloxone
- Overdose Deaths Rose 19% in 2016