Jim Russell Scholarship Fund
The Southwest Coalition encourages individuals to further their knowledge and education within the behavioral health field. Applications are accepted throughout the year and are reviewed by a panel of Southwest Coalition Scholarship Committee members. Committee approval of scholarship requests is based on fund availability and is on a first come, first served basis.
- Applications for scholarships are limited to one per person, per lifetime.
- All applications must be received prior to the May 1st deadline for the upcoming school year. Awards will be announced after the May Southwest Coalition monthly meeting. Checks will be sent to the schools after that announcement.
- Scholarships are available for up to $500 to be used for tuition and other school related fees and will be paid directly to the school. Award amounts depend upon the amounts budgeted annually by the Southwest Coalition membership and the number of scholarships awarded.
- A written letter of referral or support from a current Southwest Coalition member is required and must be included in the application packet.
- The applicant’s declared field of study must be in the field of Behavioral Health. However, priority will be given to applicants enrolled in Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association (IAODAPCA) Accredited Training Programs (ATP).
Please download the Jim Russell Scholarship Fund form below to apply for a scholarship through the Southwest Coalition.
Jim Russell Scholarship Fund Application
To learn more about Jim Russell and his inspiring legacy, please click on the link below:
Jim Russell Biography