For copy of the event flyer with complete information, please click 2018 Spring Conference Brochure
Additional information regarding the facility and the event is below:
ENTER – Medical Center ask Concierge for Auditorium B & C
PARKING – GARAGE ON SPRINGFIELD STREET
6 CEU’s available for:
ICB, LSW, LCSW, LPC, & LCPC’s
(ICB formerly known as IAODAPCA)
Morning session: 9:00am-12:00pm
Afternoon session: 12:40pm-4:00pm
There will a 10 minute morning and afternoon break.
Medication Assisted Treatment:
Distinguishing Between OTP and OBOT Models of Care
Natalie Thukkaram, NCC, LPC, CADC
Gender Responsive Treatment for Women: Principles and Core Components
Gabriela Zapata-Alma, LCSW, CADC
Summit on the Opioid Epidemic in Illinois: Bringing it all together
This year’s event will bring together all of the efforts made towards reducing opioid use and overdose in Will County and across the State of Illinois. Keynote speaker Laura Porter from ACE Interface will address the effects of childhood trauma and substance use and Dr. Maria Bruni from DASA and Dr. Nirav Shah from the Illinois Dept. of Public Health will discuss the efforts of the state in opioid abuse.
This is a FREE event, open to the public, pre-registration is not required.
Topic: Strength Based Assessments and Counseling
Presenter: Peter Bradley, LPC, CRADC, PCGC
1. Understand the basic principles in Strength Based assessment and treatment planning
2. Take a look at some of the philosophical foundations of Strength Based counseling
3. Consider how we communicate with clients, the questions that we can use to inspire Strength Based responses, and adopt non-judgemental approaches that can lead to higher rates of treatment efficacy
Peter Bradley is a two-time graduate from Governors State IUniversity. After completing a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology with a double minor (Addiction Studies and Communications) he went on to obtain his Masters of Arts Degree in Community Counseling.
Peter had an extremely rewarding career with the South Suburban Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse. At the Council, he served in the Men’s Residential Program in the capacity of a Senior Addictions Counselor and Clinical Supervisor. Peter currently works as a Corporate Services Clinician with the Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery at Ingalls Hospital in Harvey, IL.
Peter is a regular lecturer at universities, hospitals, churches and other treatment centers.
Peter enjoys reading, teaching, learning, and spending time with his family, friends, and church family. Advocacy and Outreach are two areas of special interest.
Presenter: Larry Dunbar, MS, CAADC, CADP, MISA2
Topic: The Role of Substance Use in Media
Search our site
- 2018 Spring Conference!
- Join Us at the Summit
- More U.S. Kids in ICU From Opioids
- Like Us on Facebook!
- Meth Makes a Comeback
- Fentanyl Use Linked to Amnesia
- Opioid Epidemic Burdening Grandparents
- Medicaid Contributing to Opioid Crisis
- Opiates Responsible for Decreased Life Expectancy
- Inmates Get Funding to Re-enter Society Sober